TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Nice write-up -- you have my FAQ vote! Two things
People Seeking Info

Subject Nice write-up -- you have my FAQ vote! Two things

Posted by jzack on November 09, 2010 at 6:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 946 times.

In Reply To Switch injector voltage mod in 1, 2, 3. posted by DVDBURN (MD) on November 09, 2010 at 04:35 PM

Message that I'd add. Wires in the engine bay should always be well sealed up to avoid corrosion issues later. Engine bay is a pretty nasty place.

1. I've started using brush-on liquid type insulation as the first step to sealing things up. Can get it in the Home Depot electrical section so really easy to find. 2nd step is applying an outer covering of either shrink wrap tubing or cold seal weather resistant tape (it seals to itself chemically, so has to be cut off to remove). MCM Electronics has it and here and there local auto parts stores...

If using Method #2 - really important to seal that up too! Visually it may look OK but the end points of quick connect will still be open to the elements.

2. That OEM connector also provides a quick way to disable the car from starting. Pull partially apart - not the greatest way, but a way. Some folks also relocate those 2 connectors to the other side of the fuse block to clean things up a bit in the bay...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.